Sunday, May 16, 2004

Sunday

Ah, Sunday. A nice relaxing day... for, ah, relaxing. Yep.
I just want to state here and now that I despise Hewlett Packard. I had to install a HP printer/scanner/fax/copier combo on a computer at work and it made my nice relaxing Sunday more stressful. First of all, the first three times I tried to install the drivers/software (because you can't just install the drivers, it wants you to install all the crap they ship with the printer) the install program crashed and I had to uninstall and reboot. Finally, I copied the entire CD to the hard drive and installed it from there, which worked, but still took a good 15 minutes. How in the world does a printer driver take fifteen minutes to install? Why can't you install just the driver for the device instead of all that crap they give you? Don't ask me, ask Hewlett Packard. You'll notice that I don't link to their site; this is not an accident. I will not make it any easier for people to partake in the evil that is HP. Other that that, everything else is all right. I'm thinking of changing the stupid template that blogger.com gave me. Maybe you'll see a new one in a few days or weeks or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Yes, "User Friendly" software is great for letting the kids play around, but it sucks when you're trying to get some real work done - especially when it doesn't work at all.

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home