Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Broke6n KeyboqzaRDC

Well, the keyboard is shot on my laptop; I think something was spilled on it, but it was lent out to someone when the problem began. The problem is that when I type, the ouptut looks like the title to this post. When certain keys are pressed, multiple keypresses are sent along with the one that you want. Anyway, I've spent quite some time looking for somewhere to order a replacement keyboard and haven't found one yet. A lot of the online parts stores I visited don't even have parts for my laptop which is a Toshiba Satellite M35-S359. Any suggestions, please let me know. OK, enough of that.

5 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Sounds like a classic case of water (or other liquid) damage.... see if you can get the parts from Toshiba. Try the customer service/tech support sections of the webpage... I'll take a look for you and let you know.

10:21 PM  
Blogger phil said...

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

that's the toshiba tech support website... you'll need the serial number and stuff.

10:27 PM  
Blogger tom said...

Yea, thanks Phil. Next time can you please post the website as a link. I have trouble when things aren't point and click... haha.

8:35 AM  
Blogger tom said...

Oh, and I've definitely already been to that site.

"Toshiba does not sell service parts directly to
end-users. You can purchase service parts
(modem/ethernet replacement cables, printed circuit
boards, display panels, drives, plastics, etc.) for
in and out of warranty systems from National Parts
Depot at 800-524-8338."

National Parts Depot is a nice, useful-looking site that doesn't any parts for my laptop. I've been searching around and found one site that MIGHT have the right part, but it lists two of the same part with different part numbers and I don't want to order the wrong part. And if you're thinking that I should get the p/n off of my keyboard, think again. I already tried that and neither of the numbers on the site are anywhere on my keyboard.(yes, I took it out and checked underneath, as well)

8:42 AM  
Blogger phil said...

Toshiba sucks

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home