Friday, December 16, 2005

No news is good news

All the people (both of you) who have been barraging me with unsolicited requests to increase the frequency of my updates (asked me what the hell is going on) should know that it is not because nothing is happening that I haven't updated in a while--it is because too much is happening. Now that I don't have class every day after work, I have some time to post: Finals Week was kinda rough, but I think I pulled through with a 4.0.

Remember, No news is good news, as they say. Who are "they?" And does that mean that a lack of news is good news or that all news is bad news? It doesn't really matter; what I mean is that I'm fine, just busy is all.

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I prefer "It turns out ..." instead of "They say ..." because then you don't have to say who they are when some smartass (like me, for instance) asks.

3:44 AM  
Blogger John said...

Neither. What it means is that there is no such thing as good news. It turns out that some news is less bad. Relatively. I am not aware of an absolute scale for measuring the badness of news. If there were such a scale,though, Fox News would be at the very bottom.

Damn, the word verification letters are hard to read sometimes.

3:48 AM  
Blogger phil said...

It's fine to say "they". "They" are the people who say it.

-They say so and so.
-Who is "they"
-They are the people that say so and so.

3:07 AM  
Blogger Braddock said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Braddock said...

I think the quote only applies to politics originating with Calvin Coolidge who thought staying out of the papers would get him reelected. Fortunately he lost because he didn't do anything.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home