Wednesday, January 12, 2005

California

Last weekend, a few friends and I decided to go to California on a whim to pick up some surf boards at Gus's parents' house. It was a pretty uneventful trip down, except for going through the passes in southern Oregon where snow chains were required. That added about 5 hours to a 12 hour drive what with finding, buying, installing, and readjusting them. We saw Gus's parents for a total of about an hour and then turned around and headed back.
The drive back was nothing short of spectacular. We took the scenic highway up the coast and made several stops at beaches and cliffs. Here is what I think is the best picture fromt the trip. It was taken with my friend's Sony DSC-P93 camera. This is the low quality version. Oh yeah, I know that it sticks out a bit, but otherwise it would be too small. If you want the high quality version or are interested in any other pictures from the trip (such as the ones of me climbing INSIDE the "drive-through" redwood tree at night), let me know.

Of course, as my dad and I have discussed before, there isn't a way to capture the true beauty of a sunset in a photograph; it's just too big.

1 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

yo, send me them pics.
-phil

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home