Friday, March 10, 2006

Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins

All I can say is: "Wow."
If you don't know, Jenny Lewis is an amazingly talented singer/songwriter (and former child actress) who teamed up with Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello (and a few others) to form the Postal Service and who was also the lead singer of Rilo Kiley. (Note: If you don't know any of the bands mentioned, I highly recommend you look them up.) Now she has gone solo--sort of. She's currently on tour as Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins, and she has an album out from the same.

Anyway, I had the opportunity to see Jenny and the Twins(mySpace) play live, and it was simply awesome. Willy Mason opened for them, and even though I'd never heard of him before, I liked his music, an earful of country-roots-sounding tunes described as folk rock. Check out his mySpace page to hear him. The show was everything I had anticipated and more--well worth missing class and pushing my homework back another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home