Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Template Update Update

Well, I checked out my blog with the new template in Mozilla FireFox for the first time today and I must apologize if you use Mozilla (Phil). The box on the left with all the links and stuff was set to have a fixed position so that it didn't scroll with the rest of the page. Having only checked the new template in IE, which does not meet all W3C (the people who make the web standards), standards. IE ignores the fixed position code and I thought that I was not setting the fixed position correctly in my template. I just left the code in there to keep place until I had a chance to come back and fix it. Unfortunately, this was not an error on my part at all (except for using IE), but on the part of Microsoft, again. Blame it on Microsoft. When I viewed my blog in Mozilla, the sidebar didn't scroll and part of it was cut off at the bottom of the screen. I fixed it and made a few other small changes. Sorry if you have a low screen resolution and the sidebar cuts off part of the ads at the top. I'll keep working on it, but I don't have enough time right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Yeah, I don't bother using the fixed positioning settings because it doesn't work at all in IE. There might be some way to get it to sort of work, but I don't know.

3:01 AM  
Blogger phil said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home