Thursday, June 17, 2004

Opportunities Lost

Have you ever looked back on your life and wished that you had done something different? Have you ever wondered how your life might be better if you could just change one small detail in the past? I've been thinking about this a lot lately, mostly because I wrote about Priceline.com in my last post and I can't help but think that my entire life would be changed if I had taken that chance. This, inevitably, got me to thinking about other opportunities that I have passed up in my lifetime, times that I took the easy route and missed out big. I have already stated that this was a contributing factor in my taking up trading penny stocks, but I'm going to apply this to other aspects of my life as well. In fact, I already have; this is one of the reasons that I have started running. As long as I am stuck here and am unable to change that, I might as well use my time for self-improvement. Running, saving/investing money, reading, etc., all work toward this goal: to make myself a better person. Also, the breaking of bad habits is important; stop biting my nails, stop cursing, etc. This year shouldn't be time wasted, but time well spent.

1 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Is it possible to stop cursing while you're in the military?

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home