Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Rambling

Well, it's been over a month since the day I was supposed to get out of the Army and I think that I have recovered for the most part. It's still hard to wake up every morning and know that I am in the Army, stuck in a desert, supporting a "war" that I don't agree with. Oops, did I say "war?" I can't really even call it that anymore; it's mostly a political thing now. We say "Anti-Iraqi Forces" instead of "Anti-Coalition Forces." I think that this is supposed to make the Iraqis feel like they own the place and to attempt to send the message that any insurgents are acting against the Iraqi people, not the Americans. It's all political symantic garbage if you ask me, although nobody here ever does. I digress. Let me return to my original topic. I am dealing with my situation, even if I am having a bit of trouble in doing so. I think that later on in life, no matter how bad my situation is, I will be able to reflect on my time spent in Iraq and know that it could be worse, and it was for a time. Well, I suppose I could end up penniless and living on the street, which might be worse than being here, but I'm still not sure because I'd at least have my freedom, which I don't have here. I guess in saying this I am whining about my situation, which is what I'm tryin to say I shouldn't do. I think that I've done a fairly poor job of getting that point across, which is why I said it outright. Sort of.

2 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

I wanna send you some stuff that might be able to lift your spirits, but I don't want to tell you what it is... It may take me a while to get it, I might have to borrow some money.

Later.

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOJOO!!

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home