Thursday, January 27, 2005

Another turning point in Life

About 2 minutes ago I signed out on transitional leave, meaning that I'm done with the Army; I never have to go back there. My sentiment toward this momentous event is nothing less than pure, unadultered elation. There are countless annoyances that I will never have to deal with again.
That is where I stand emotionally, but logically I see the turning point in life. I'm going to need a job soon. I'm starting school at Penn State in the fall and I need to figure out what I want to study. I'm also thinking about joining the Coast Guard Reserves as a rescue swimmer and I need to really start training harder for the school.
It might seem like quite a bit, but I enjoy having options in my life as opposed to the mind-numbing drudgery of the Army.

2 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Coast Guard? I wanna be a commercial/rescue diver someday - maybe.

3:15 AM  
Blogger phil said...

That rescue swimmer training looks pretty sweet.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home